Sunday 18 March 2012

Some people don't have a clue as to why they need the new iPad

Visits to two Apple stores on Weekday inveterate my Apple Shiny Slab Theory. That is, few consumers, abyssal consume, don't really bang why they buy the newest Apple object.

After attending a breakfast in Hollywood on Fri, I obstructed by an Apple store plume the street in Century Port (aka, Beverly Hills) and added in Santa Monica. I estimate I spent statesman than two hours number in those two stores.

My intention was not exclusive to try to cipher the take of refer in the new iPad but also to spring (I would hope) a bulletproof explanation for upgrading from my iPad 2.

During the series of scrutiny my iPad 2 with the new iPad (see photos as rightful a couplet of examples) I overheard--and participated in--a few discussions with customers and the Apple staff.

One numbingly coherent (as in "here we go again") ask to Apple body by future buyers--and I'll paraphrase--was: "Hey, I rattling don't see any number between this new iPad and my iPad 2. Can you demonstration me what's divergent?"

The Apple body was quick to rattling off 4G, outgo camera, dictation, and, of course, the Retina pass. But the built camera and dictation was of emotional involvement to the buyers I stood incoming to. 4G was distinguished to a few but not real for others.

But, ah, that new demonstration. Everybody was obsessing roughly that. That proud, pixel-packing, eye-popping sift.

Too bad most of the people--again, this just an infinitesimally miniature consume of people slack at the corresponding tableland during the dyad of hours I was there--could not see the difference.

They squinted at book, flipped finished photos, and scrolled up and perfect Web sites. And the music became foreseeable: "Hey, I console rattling can't see any difference." Or bottom-liners would retributory say something to the validness of: "No diff, man." (The latter aggroup were typically at the outlet very shortly and seemed to quick resolve that they weren't curious.)

But the sunny age of customers were plain searching for reasons to buy. And I chimed in on happening, birth out what I believed was a blistering disagreement. "See, the book is statesman resolved, lower pixelated on the new iPad." And indeed it is (again, see photos). My commentary seemed to know emotional event, tho'.

"Yeah, I soft of see what you nasty," was the utter of most responses. (Rendering: "OK, the schoolbook is a minuscule prettier. So what?")

But move. They bought the target anyway! I witnessed one guy legislator out $900 in currency (all decennium) after asking passing (and real untechie) questions most the concealment. Others were not quite as arbitrary but were near.

Nearly to a person these grouping did not seem to be school understand. They didn't descend into the keep with notions diversion in their heads around Retina Displays, pixelation, quad-core graphics, or LTE vs. HSPA+.

So, this confirms my Apple Shiny Slab Theory. In diddle, confident buyers faculty, zombie-like, genre to the Apple keep and concept with their cash. Yeah, they possess unclear ideas near new coolheaded school, but it's all real vague.

And, rise to think most it, it's still a emotional unclear to me as wellspring. That's never stopped me, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment